The Lesmo fiefdom began in year 1733 with the feudal succession of Count Giambattista Trotti.
At that time in Peregallo there was a dwelling built at the beginning of the century by Count Giuseppe Saronno within a big park and a small church dedicated to Sant’Antonio Abate. Over the years the Villa passed into the hands of the Curti family and later of the Sala family to then become the property of the engineer Giuseppe Mattioli, minister of the Casa Reale di Savoia, married to Elena Rietti.
At that time most of the eighteenth-century’s dwelling had been demolished, in 1890 work began for the construction of a new villa based on the architect Antonio Citterio’s project, a Camillo Boito’s student. With the twentieth century, the noble dwelling underwent a new change of ownership by the acquisition of the Vismara family. Of the eighteenth-century dwelling no considerable trace remains, while the oratory of Sant’Antonio Abate still bears witness to the ancient compendium. In 1952, a year after the death of the Rietti Mattioli widow, the dwelling became the site of Pedagogical College, a private institute reserved for education of the public officials and state parliamentarians children, structured in the wake of the Montessori method.
The institute’s luck did not go beyond the decade, since in the 1960s the entire complex was purchased by the IBM Company which adapted it into an elegant recreational club for company employees. The articulated activity path of the villa, in addition of the Peregallo Country Club, between 1994 and 2000, reaches the last turning point of ownership in 2001, when the entire complex is acquired by the Mazzoleni family, as known as Villa Mattioli – Dimore del Gusto.